Friday, May 3, 2013

Loki gets spooked!

Yesterday I convinced the family to go for a walk. Mica wanted to show Mommy the secret trail over the log. Loki came as well.

When we arrived at the trail head I noticed two horses with riders and a loose dog coming around the corner. I knew Loki would get spooked and he did of course. The horses passed up and it took awhile but Loki slowly cautiously started following me after I went back to get him. Just as I got him one of the two riders came galloping back! Loki disappeared and wouldn't come back.

We called and we called but he wasn't trusting us anymore. So, we headed back to the house hoping we'd seem him following us from a distance but he didn't. We then made supper, watched a movie, and put Mica to bed.Still no sign of Loki.

I decided to go back to the trail and look for him. I drove the car to the trail head and grabbed my trusty light. I got out the car completely scared stiff of walking into the forest in the dark, calling for Loki. After about 20 m in I heard a little squeak off into the really tall dark forest, then clawing on a tree as if an animal was climbing down a tree, I figured it must be Loki but the sound was coming from about 15 m off the trail. I actually walked towards him - terrified as hell of course - but alas he finally appeared sauntering towards me.

He had been there for about 3 hours. I picked him up by the scruff and carried him over to the car. He snuggled into Mica's car seat on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment